Friday 8 March 2013

and finally my favourite

This isn't just my favourite. It's the most important school meal I have ever seen.



It was cooked by a Mary's Meals volunteer at one of their under 6 centres in Blantyre, Malawi. It is nsima, which is made from maize flour, and fish from Lake Malawi. I didn't want to try it because it was for the children but the volunteers were proud and I didn't want to offend them. It was delicious.

Food-o-meter- 10/10
Mouthfuls- I only tried a couple
Course- main
Health Rating- 10/10
Price- I think less than 10p
Pieces of hair- 0

I miss my friends in Malawi and think of them often. It's a special year because it's the 200th anniversary of David Livingstone's birth. He was a Scottish explorer and the friendship he made between Scotland and Malawi is still special today. There are lots of celebrations and if I make it to some I'll tell you all about it!

thank you and I hope you enjoyed International School Meals Day,

VEG










6 comments:

  1. Glad to see you wrote in your blog again Veg! And boy was that a lot of posts! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seem to enjoy your delicious food

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to post my comment on this one but it is about ALL the posts from the children around the world. I love seeing what everyone else is eating. It is fun to hear what they think of the meals. This is really a small planet and we are all in this tegether. Seeing this posts makes me feel more connected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Veg I really like your blog, it has a unique food grading system. I have a blog too, mostly about sandwiches. I was thinking that you and I could share ideas and maybe help edit each others work. You can visit my blog at www.ilovesandwiche.blogspot.com.


    Please reply, Seanwich

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your posts! You showed up in a Muse magazine here in the US. I am about your age, and you've inspired me to even start my own blog! NeverSeconds is a great blog. Keep going! I love the posts. You give me lots of ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice blog. I read about you in my latest issue of Muse. I`ll be donating like 20 USD to Mary`s Meals, soon.

    ReplyDelete